Resources for Healthcare Professionals
This section of CredibleMeds® includes tools to assist physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals who play central roles in medication safety.
OncoSupport™ Drug List: This is a printable list of the QTdrugs that are often prescribed for patients with cancer. It includes designation of each drug's TdP risk category.
Categories of risk:
- Drugs with known risk of TdP
- Drugs with possible risk of TdP
- Drugs with conditional risk of TdP - i.e., can cause TdP under certain conditions
- Drugs to be avoided by congenital Long QT patients
The lists can be exported as PDF or Excel files, printed and can be searched and sorted by: Generic Name, Brand Name, Risk Category, Pharmacologic Class, and Therapeutic Use.
Additional drug information provided when you click on a drug name:
- Information on routes of administration.
- PubMed Links: Automatically search the National Library of Medicine's PubMed databease for articles on the drug's ability to prolong the QT intervals and/or cause torsades de pointes.
- FDA label: Information on whether the drug has a "black box" warning for any cause and whether the label mentions QT prolongation or torsades de pointes.
A pocket summary of the clinical effects ofantiarrhythmc drugs and their actions on the ECG, ion channels and membrane receptors. Contributed by Romero, K and Woosley, RL, Chapter 18, Clinical Pharmacology of Antiarrhythmic Drugs, Cardiovascular Therapeutics: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, Fourth Edition edited by E.M. Antman and M.S. Sabatine, 2012.